Hockanum Valley Community Council, Inc.
Hockanum Valley Community Council, Inc. (HVCC) is an independent, multi-program, private non-profit human service agency. It is dedicated to meeting the needs of the residents of the Tolland County area.
HVCC provides services to individuals and/or families in a manner which will promote independence while assuring that basic needs are met regardless of ability to pay.
To accomplish its mission, HVCC will:
- assess on a continuing basis the human service needs of the community.
- assist and support the development, implementation, coordination, and operation of necessary new human service programs, and the expansion or modification of existing programs, whether such programs will be ultimately administered by HVCC or another social service provider within the community.
- promote coordination of services in the service area to avoid duplication, and to improve the quality of services.
- promote desirable changes in social policies consistent with the needs of our client population.
- develop the financial resources, both public and private, necessary to operate the programs provided by HVCC.
- interface with local, state and federal agencies and departments serving the community. Encourage community support and commitment to the goals of HVCC.